- The top 10 cryptocurrency exchanges in the USA are Binance.us, Crypto.com, Coinbase, Gemini, KuCoin, Kraken, Bitstamp, Bitmart, Bittrex, and Huobi.
- Each exchange has its own advantages and disadvantages that suit different needs and preferences like fees, security of funds, and user experience.
As we all know, cryptocurrencies are rising in popularity, especially in the 2020s
In addition to the total anonymity and decentralization offered by cryptocurrencies and crypto networks, there are several other use cases that anybody from traders to investors to fans can benefit from.
- Advertisement -
In essence, nearly everyone desires a piece of this cake. And it so happens that we have a delicious piece of pie for you if you live in the US, or are interested in investing/trading there.
For both novice and seasoned investors, we have gathered a list of the top cryptocurrency exchanges in the USA in this article.
These exchanges were chosen based on their track records, capabilities, costs, list of supported cryptocurrencies, and user reviews.
On this list, you may find an exchange that meets your needs whether you want to purchase Bitcoin, Ethereum, or any other altcoin.
The first on the list is:
The American division of Binance, the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world by trading volume, is called Binance.us.
- Advertisement -
- Binance.us offers a user-friendly interface, great liquidity, quick trade execution, vast trading options, and low fees.
- Over 50 cryptocurrencies are available on Binance.us, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dogecoin (DOGE), Cardano (ADA), and Binance Coin (BNB).
- It makes use of a variety of industry-accepted security mechanisms, including SSL encryption and two-factor authentication (2FA).
- Additionally, to guard against theft and hacking, the majority of Binance.us keeps funds in cold wallets (or offline storage).
- Among US-based exchanges, Binance.us boasts some of the lowest costs (0.1% for spot trading and 0.5% for quick buy/sell).
And as a bonus, Binance.us also offers a referral program that lets you earn up to 40% commission from your friends’ trading fees.
Another well-known cryptocurrency exchange in the US is Crypto.com, which was founded in 2020.
- Crypto.com has more than 10 million users worldwide and offers over 200 cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Crypto.com Coin (CRO), Polkadot (DOT), and Chainlink (LINK).
- For makers and takers, the trading charge is 0.1% and 0.16%, respectively, and holding CRO or boosting your trading volume are two other ways to lower your fees.
- You can also earn up to $25 in CRO for each person you refer, and up to 14% interest annually, for your crypto deposits.
- Crypto.com also allows you to swap and farm DeFi tokens, borrow up to 50% of your cryptocurrency collateral at cheap interest rates, or exchange NFTs on the blockchain.
In all, Crypsto.com’s level of security is similar to that of Binance.us and is a great choice for anyone who wants to trade and invest in crypto in the most secure way possible.
Coinbase is one of the most popular and trusted cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. It was founded in 2020 and has over 68 million users in over 100 countries.
- Advertisement -
- Over 100 cryptocurrencies are available on Coinbase, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Stellar Lumens (XLM), and many others.
- Depending on your payment method and location, Coinbase charges a variable trading fee in addition to a spread of 0.5%.
- Using Coinbase Pro, a more sophisticated version of Coinbase with reduced fees and additional features can also help you save money on fees.
- Coinbase uses a variety of industry-standard security mechanisms, including SSL encryption, two-factor authentication, and biometrics to make sure your funds are safe.
- Additionally, it keeps the majority of its funds in cold wallets and has up to $250,000 in client insurance coverage in case of theft or hacking.
In short, Coinbase has some of the best features and benefits among US-based exchanges. It supports various plans and features to suit your needs.
Gemini is a regulated cryptocurrency exchange and custodian that was founded in 2020 by the Winklevoss twins, famous for their involvement in Facebook’s early days.
- More than 120 cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Gemini Dollar (GUSD), Chainlink (LINK), Uniswap (UNI), and many more, can be purchased, sold, or traded on Gemini.
- Compared to other US-based exchanges, Gemini also has reasonable fees. (Makers pay 0.2%, and Takers pay 0.4%).
- Additionally, Gemini has a referral program where you can receive $10 in Bitcoin for each friend you invite, who makes a trade worth at least $100.
- To protect your money, Gemini offers SSL encryption, 2FA, and hardware security keys. Similar to the other exchanges, Gemini also keeps the majority of its money in cold wallets.
- Additionally, it has security certifications for SOC 1 Type 2 and SOC 2 Type 2. This means that your funds are going nowhere without your say so
In all, Gemini is a secure platform and is a great choice for anyone who wants a regulated and customer-friendly platform to trade their crypto.
KuCoin was founded in 2020 and has over 8 million users in over 200 countries.
- Over 700 cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, KuCoin Token (KCS), Polkadot (DOT), Solana (SOL), and many more, are available for purchase, sale, and trading on KuCoin in the US.
- Among US-based exchanges, KuCoin boasts some of the most affordable fees. (0.1% for both makers and takers).
- KuCoin uses SSL encryption, two-factor authentication (2FA), anti-phishing software, and a whitelist of approved withdrawal addresses to keep your money secure.
- Additionally, it has $300 million in insurance coverage in case of theft or hacking.
Overall, KuCoin has a lot of features and benefits that make it one of the best platforms to trade your crypto.
Kraken is one of the oldest and most respected cryptocurrency exchanges in and out of the US. It has over 7 million users in over 190 countries.
- Over 120 cryptocurrencies are available on Kraken, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Monero (XMR), and many others.
- Although Kraken’s costs are reasonable (0.9% for stablecoins and 1.5% for other cryptocurrencies for fast buy/sell orders), they are not as good as any of the others on this list.
- Kraken offers Kraken Earn, a service that allows users to receive interest on cryptocurrency deposits.
- Kraken uses hardware security keys, SSL encryption, and other techniques to protect financial information.
- Like the other companies on the list, Kraken keeps the majority of its money in cold wallets (offline storage) and uses an audit method called the proof-of-reserves to confirm that it is a solvent company.
In conclusion, Kraken is a great choice for anyone who wants to access a secure, reliable, and professional platform for cryptocurrency.
Bitstamp is also one of the longest-running and most reputable cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. It has over 4 million users in over 80 countries.
- More than 20 cryptocurrencies, including Ripple (XRP), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Litecoin (LTC), and Ethereum, are available on Bitstamp.
- Bitstamp charges somewhat lower costs (0.5% for immediate buy/sell orders and 0% to 0.25% for spot trading) than Kraken.
- It is a trustworthy platform that protects your money by using 2FA, biometric authentication, and anti-phishing code.
In all, Bitstamp is a great choice for anyone who wants to access a simple, safe, and reliable platform to trade cryptocurrency.
Bitmart is a global cryptocurrency exchange that was founded in 2020 and has over 5 million users in over 180 countries.
- Over 300 cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitmart Token (BMX), Binance Coin (BNB), Dogecoin (DOGE), and many more, are available for purchase, sale, and trading on Bitmart.
- The fees on Bitmart are among the lowest of US-based exchanges. (both makers and takers receive 0.25%).
- The system offers Bitmart Lending, a service that enables you to lend other users your cryptocurrency assets and receive interest in return.
- To protect your money, Bitmart offers security features including an anti-phishing code and a withdrawal address whitelist.
- In the event of theft or hacking, Bitmart offers insurance coverage of up to $20 million.
Overall, the platform is a great choice for anyone who wants to access a one-stop platform for trading and storing their cryptocurrency.
Bittrex was also founded in 2020 and has over 3 million users in over 190 countries.
- The platform provides access to over 250 cryptocurrencies, including Tether (USDT), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Litecoin (LTC), Ethereum, and many more.
- Among US-based exchanges, Bittrex charges relatively low fees (0.2% for both makers and takers).
- Among the security features offered by Bittrex include cold wallet storage, partial SSL encryption, biometrics, two-factor authentication, and others.
Bittrex is as secure as the others on this list and is a great choice for anyone who wants to access a secure, reliable, and innovative platform to trade their crypto.
Huobi is the last but not the least on the list.
- Over 300 cryptocurrencies are available on Huobi, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Huobi Token (HT), Polkadot (DOT), Cardano (ADA), and several others.
- Huobi charges reasonable costs (0.2%) compared to other US-based exchanges.
- Additionally, Huobi has a referral program that allows you to make up to 30% of your friends’ trading fees.
- The platform also offers Huobi Futures, a tool that enables you to trade contracts on a variety of cryptocurrencies with up to 125x leverage.
- Additionally, it offers the Huobi NFT Center, a service designed specifically for NFT fans.
- Your money is protected by Huobi using SSL encryption, two-factor authentication (2FA), anti-phishing code, and a whitelist of approved withdrawal addresses.
- To crown things, Huobi has insurance coverage for up to $100 million in case of theft or hacking.
Overall, Huobi is a great choice for you, if you want to get on one of the most advanced and diversified platforms for trading crypto.
Before you choose an exchange, you should do DYOR (Do Your Own Research). The crypto market is a very volatile one, and if you jump into investing or using the wrong service, you may have no way of recovering your lost or stolen funds.
You should only invest or even buy what you can afford to lose, and be prepared for price fluctuations and market changes.
Overall, we hope you have learned a few things from this article.
Happy trading, and we’ll see you next time!
Disclaimer: Voice of Crypto aims to deliver accurate and up-to-date information, but it will not be responsible for any missing facts or inaccurate information. Cryptocurrencies are highly volatile financial assets, so research and make your own financial decisions.